family returned yesterday from their evacuation in Manila. They were
advised by the US Embassy in Manila to avoid the Legazpi City area because
of the imminent eruption of Mount Mayon. The Allen's went to Manila on
Following two and one-half weeks of minor eruptions, the Allen
family decided to return home citing, "We need to be there to be able to
help the other evacuees in Albay. Many of them do not have food to eat
or beds to lay in. I just couldn't continue to stay away while many of
our friends needed our help!" At this time, the alert level for Mount
Mayon remains at level four.
If you would like to help in providing for the needs of evacuees, please
BMAA Missions Department and designate your offering to Wade Allen -
Work Fund - Disaster Relief.